>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Final Completed CG Artwork

Old 28-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
nacho_grande
Sith Lord

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Smile Pinup Studio [ Nudity Warning ]

This is my first attemp with Zbrush. I created the base mesh in 3ds max and added sculpting details in Zbrush. After I had some problems with the displacement map with this one, I switched to normal map, however I couldn't get the drama I was intending. UVs was handled by Headus UVLayout which is a fantastic tool. Since I am new at ZBrush, I was not so confident to use poly paint nor ZappLink, so I decided to stick to my old friend Photoshop for texturing. The final render passes have been executed in 3ds max by Vray renderer. Finally, Photoshop took place for compositing once again.

You can easily see spot some anatomic (such as right knee direction) and techical problems here, but hopefully the next one will be much better I would appreciate if you can check the WIP shots below the final render.

Thanks in advance for your C&C

Cheers,

NG

These below are some WIP shots during the process:

Part 1: base mesh and accessories in 3ds max.

Part 2: Sculpting in ZBrush.

Attached Images

Last edited by Freespace-3DT; 02-02-2009 at 02:13 AM..
nacho_grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
MStandar
Addicted to 3D

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
looking nice, It looks like a painting
Great work.
MStandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
kogen
Scripting Monkey

Send a message via ICQ to kogen
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: he was the 3rd in the Speed Sculpting Challenge #11. Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 5
Hehey,

looking good so far. I think I like the boots more than the high heels. If you decide to go with the boots don't forget to include theese small foldings.
I think even if her breasts are double D the might be a bit close together if she wears no bra. Did you use any reference for that?

Good work, I like the skin shader.

- Sadone
kogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:19 AM   #4
nacho_grande
Sith Lord

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Thanks guys for your comments

Sadone, I am definetly working on breast physics (Not literally ) I think they will improve as I am enhance my skills on ZBrush. If I will decide to use the boots, of course I will put wrinkles and stuff such as the one Sathe did (He has done a great job by the way) I didn't use any references for this one and actually that decieved me too much, but my point was to check myself to see how far I could go without them (Obviously not too much hehehe)
Victorian Cabinet Scene
My 2d concepts & drawings thread
"I found your lack of faith disturbing"
Old 13-02-2009, 04:55 AM   #5
3division
Game Artist

The model is preatty good, but I think the rest pose isn´t helping. Could be that the skinning of the arms still need some atention, i see some strange behavior on the right elbow and the left showlder. Those are always the triky parts. The rest looks really good. Congrats!.
Old 14-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #6
Anoxymus

nice sculpting nacho_grande. keep up
Anoxymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 05:45 AM   #7
maximuselessar

Nice one men : ) i like the pose! and the sculping in zbrush is great! what brush did you use to make all the parts.. i mean, to give it form.... (Sorry for my english! im from chile..;_
maximuselessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
nacho_grande
Sith Lord

Awards Showcase
Thanks for the critics

@3division: When it comes to pose the joints, elbows are really a headache.

@Anoxymus: Thanks

@maximuselessar: I don't use any fancy brushes. Mostly the standart brush.
Victorian Cabinet Scene
My 2d concepts & drawings thread
"I found your lack of faith disturbing"
Old 22-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #9
Oniram

Send a message via AIM to Oniram Send a message via MSN to Oniram
Awards Showcase
it seems as though the arms and hands are really stiff. no movement to the wrist makes it seem as though the arm is holding everything up, as opposed to the hand providing the support for the arm.
Oniram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female, max, pinup, vray, zbrush