>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR

Old 07-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
Mr.fE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 1
Avatar - 3d - The Seed of the Ravager

Hi everyone!

I know it's kinda late but here I am anyway!

This is my first sketch of the Ravager. He still doesn't have a head but I'm hungry of feedbacks so I'll update it on monday or something...

Here is the story:

In a lost and forgotten world the balance between life and death is ruled by a simple but powerful mantra: "When Life becomes Death, Death will be the seed from wich Life grows"
Every living being in this world must die to reborn in a new body, for the lifestream of the planet is fairly weak and the number of souls is somehow limited...

The planet itself, to preserve its integrity, every once in a while convolves all it's strenght into a living being that is bound to plant the Seed of Destruction, so everithing dies just to reborn again in order to restore the lifestream of the planet...

None can forsee who will be chosen by the planet lifestream to become the Ravager, but one thing for shure, he has to plant the Seed or the lifestream itself will wither away...

One day a vestal of the Emperor started dreaming of the future Ravager, so the Emperor managed to find him before he could plant the Seed, preventing the End...

Death itself just ceased to exist, and everithing kept growing old wihout dying...

The Emperor, proclaming himself a God, comquered the whole planet, killing slaves from time to time just to "recycle" some lives, and keeping the vestal at his side to avoid the birth of the next Ravager...

Every time a living being was chosen the Emeperor managed to kill it, and every time the planet infuses the next chosen with rage, hate, and suffering, as the plane itself slowly dies...

This is the Last Ravager, the strogest so far, a child of a dying world, the bringrer of the End. Ther will be no more.

...well thats the story...

I'll portrait the Avatar in a futuristic but grim and twisted land, about to plant the Seed, chanting the mantra, and brokend and torn, almost as he is about to die just one step from fulfilling his mission...

Well...see you guys on the forum! (specially the italian folks for I'm italian too!!)

Ah by the way, software used:
Maya - Photoshop - Painter - Zbrush - Shake
Attached Images

Mr.fE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Jibberwocky

Looks cool. Can't wait to see it in 3d.
Jibberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
Mr.fE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
Talking The head

here comes the head...

I've already started modeling son on monday I'll have stuff to post!

Good luck everybody!
Attached Images

Old 13-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
very good background story. The concept looks interesting but I wait for some modelling before I say anything more.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Mr.fE

Awards Showcase
few changes

well here is the modeling so far...

I have to admit that the Ravager evolved as it took shape...so I made few changes in the desing...the idea was to make it more alien ad fearsome...as the story goes all the rage of nature is in it's blood!

I went for more insect like than techy...(probably saving techonological inspiration for Dominae War IV if needed...)

Still have to do the legs...I was quite busy at work but I'll catch up for shure!

poly tris count is 3912 if anybody is interested

legs and sculpting will come soon (I hope!!!)

Good Work Folks!
Attached Images

Old 22-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
Jibberwocky

Looks cool so far. I'm interested to see how the design will evolve from here.
Jibberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote