>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Animation

Old 17-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
The_Caveman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Ama Dahy - VFS Modeling & Scripting Reel, Jozef van Eenbergen

Hi everyone

I recently graduated from the Vancouver Film school class of 3D72. This is my modeling and scripting reel. The whole is done over a period of 6 months (including the tree/forest generator).
I'm currently looking for employment and more then willing to relocate of course.

More work can be found here: http://portfolio.caveman-digital.com and you can of course contact me at 3d72jozef@vfs.com or jvaneenbergen@gmail.com.

Demo Reel (95mb, H264)

Youtube Streaming

I included several snapshots.
As for the tree generator I hope to release it soon with some small improvements and free of charge

Cheers
Jozef

The_Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
Not bad, there are some good stuff in here. I like the first scene when the camera starts rotating and it feels as if the whole environment is moving. Sweet!
However, there is a "but".

The reel is not dynamic enough, it should be more energic, with faster transitions between sequences.
The music fits perfectly the environment you have modelled but it's not lively enough IMHO. I don't mean to throw "people = ****" of Slipknot here, far from it, but something with more rythm would be great.

That being said, good job again.

Good luck with the job hunting!

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
The_Caveman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Thanks McFly glad you like it hehe .

The music has been written by the sound people from VFS, I of course gave the idea of the type of sound. They composed it for the reel reason why it fits the piece but being a metalhead myself a nice rock/metal track would be nice as well hehe avoided it a bit cause wanted it to be calm kinda put through the mood of a nice calm nature environment . But i see what you mean though ^^. I'll dig through some music I got laying around and see if I can come up with something a bit more energetic see what gives ^^
Thanks again and glad you like it
Old 21-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
m.ramdan

Send a message via ICQ to m.ramdan Send a message via MSN to m.ramdan Send a message via Yahoo to m.ramdan
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: targer reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 2
Cool hey!

so u r VFSer

i didn't know that dude...

we may seen each other before ..am sure

i was at 3d70 and my name is Mohamed Aly Rabie

nice reel and its kinds rare to find a modeler who could do scripting ..best of luck and nice reel too

keep up the good work yo
m.ramdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
The_Caveman

Awards Showcase
Yups I am pretty sure I saw you around ^^. I was in 3d72 same class as Jesus Rodriguez think you know him, or Farhad Mohasseb you probably know him too. Name is Jozef. I was the guy with the really long hair not sure if that says something to you though

You were in the class with Vinny and them right?
I remember your demo reel looks amazing!!

Thanks for the compliments glad you like it and I'm keeping an eye on ur sketchbook. really nice work you got going on in there too

Cheers
Jozef
Old 22-04-2009, 02:01 AM   #6
m.ramdan

Send a message via ICQ to m.ramdan Send a message via MSN to m.ramdan Send a message via Yahoo to m.ramdan
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: targer reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 2
ooooooo man...u was the guy with long brown hair ..i guess so..
yeah yeah i remember you now!
i guess u sow me around when i was acting crazy with my big sketchbook to look for a pc to render my stuff ...i know i was mad cuz we had no render farm there...but anyways,

its very nice to meet u here dude...plz fell free to contact me at any time ..it would be my pleasure to help u if i could

and yeah i know Jesus Rodriguez and Farhad Mohasseb
..yes i was with vinny

but the thing i was kinda a vampire guy love to work at ni8 cuz the ant lab was unbelievable in the morning ..u know wt am talking abt for sure ..hhahaha

i will take a look to your new workshop and i will c wt i can do for u...again best of luck man ( the guy that i sow and never talked with )

also thanks for the compliment

Mohamed Aly Rabie
m.ramdan is offline   Reply With Quote