>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 19-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
khemist000

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
DWIV - 3D - Khemist000 - Birthmother

Heres a couple of concept scans of the general direction I think im heading. Still not a 100 percent on the design, but ill try and hammer it out with some more concepts. It will probably be a really really tight fit on the polycount (if I can make it that far ) but we'll see. Just wanted to toss the sketches out there and see what you guys think.
Attached Images

khemist000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
khemist000

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
The basic premise is that she is the Demon Queen and responsible for spawning new demons. Shes a massive creature with her whole midsection basically housing the demon fetuses in egg-like translucent sacs. Her hair is more like living tentacles as they are akin to Medusa's snakes.
Old 19-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
kravo

Send a message via MSN to kravo
Awards Showcase
that is one ugly ....(censored)!!! I´d say you should melt together the upper torso with the worm stuff a bit better...or on the contrary, make it like it´s just hatch like aaa....aaa...you know, like a butterfly from that thingy inbetween the worm and the butterfly (sorry for the bad english...what´s the word I´am talking about???)
edit: it kinda looks like the 2nd thing I was talking about, I just didn´t notice it for the first run...
kravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Joseph Pomeisl

Send a message via MSN to Joseph Pomeisl
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: Created a model SDK and is sharing it with the forum, for free. Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Maybe if the embryo sacks were more and went lower, like a huge beer-belly, and the tail end were shorter, like a throne/cushion more than a tail. In the end a lot of the focus would be on the embryo's/character so the tail would get cropped anyway - if not the scale of it just might not show any of your work in the final shots. Plus, you'd save alot of tris. Really neat idea!
Joseph Pomeisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
khemist000

Awards Showcase
It IS ugly! I have no idea where this character came from, Im normally not that dark and twisted, but its really grown on me and Im running with it. I will definitely play with the design to incorporate both sections a bit better, and emphasize the stomach / embryo sacs as much as possible. thx for the feedback.
Old 19-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
kravo

Send a message via MSN to kravo
Awards Showcase
Have any of your relatives (or maybe you) ever listened to heavy metal of the early 90s? Or late 80s? You were tons of the shirts back that time with the album covers of the different bands, with pretty similar graphics
Maybe some of these burnt onto your pupil
kravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
discmage

Awards Showcase
Yup, thats a Demon alright! Absolutely disgusting! in that, follow the brief and make them look mean way Good stuff, hope you can pull it off as a model!
Old 20-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
khemist000

Awards Showcase
Here are some TERRIBLE scans of some more concepts. I really like where this is going and cant wait to start modelling and sculpting.

The main change is bringing her bottom half into more of an octopus-like base and losing the tired worm-tail theme. Also expanded her midsection to include tons of embryo egg sacs making the overall fatness of the character to be more menacing and gross.

CnC always welcome as is utright bashing and hating.

Let me know what you think.
Attached Images

Old 20-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #9
Buzzy
Quadcore

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: 'Bronze Age Barbarian' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DomWar4 work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Starlet thread was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge 
Total Awards: 11
That is disturbing. And totally cool. Are those tentacle flails in the bottom picture supposed to be her arms? If so, I think it might be cool to give them some more arm-like structure. For example, they could be normal arms (with muscles and elbows and such) down to the forearms. Then her forearm muscles splay out into a bunch of tentacles instead of hands. Similar to your earlier concepts.

EDIT: I guess you have that already. I just kind of missed it amongst the scribbles and sketchiness (and as you put it "terrible scans")
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #10
JuST

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Uaah... it's pretty ugly! So... well done!
JuST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #11
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
this is just distrubing

im digging the last concept. you should take a look at ant or termite queens. they got some pretty funcky eggsack-thingies.

gl man.
Old 20-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #12
khemist000

Awards Showcase
Thanks guys.

Buzzy: I definitely want to push the "arms " a bit further as they are too "tentacly" for me still. I really dont want to go down the road of normal hands as I want this to be as disturbing as possible but not really sure yet. maybe Ill keep very normal like hands, but made out of tentacles? More sketching to do!
Old 20-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #13
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Looks great. The only thing I see is that the face reminds me a lot of Venom with the way the mouth is and the way the tongue sticks out. I know this is only a rough sketch, but you might want to make sure it is different from him.
Old 22-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
Pickman
Richard Upton Pickman

Awards Showcase
Multi-boobs UNITE!! Sketch is good man!
Pickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #15
thefmilyofblood
Threadjacker

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
kinda reminds me of this-->http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...f=121&t=599163
thefmilyofblood is offline   Reply With Quote