>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives

Old 19-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
vox360

DWIV - 3D - Vox360 - Untitled

Hey this is my submission for now.. not sure to go with it yet, but im in lol

But what i do will be War Machine class

UPDATED:
Attached Images

My Dominance entry

Last edited by vox360; 04-04-2009 at 06:52 PM..
vox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
vox360

its going to look alot more mean, what ever it is i decide to build

My Dominance entry
Old 19-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
vox360

hey just posting some silhouette ideas here, dont shoot me down :P

My Dominance entry
Old 19-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #4
khemist000

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Massive walking gun!!!! HELL YEAH! Ok Im done. Definitely the second silhouette. The multi-legged walker is not nearly as interesting as the gun. Good Luck!
khemist000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 06:35 AM   #5
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Hahaha - gotta love the massive moving gun. Reminds me of the giant hand mecha from FLCL with his giant shotty. Definitely keepin' an eye on THIS thread

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #6
vox360

Hey, yeah thanks think i'll go for the big gun now too haha, so this is a very bad concept right now lol, but eh

My Dominance entry
Old 21-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #7
omegamista

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge 'Revenge' 
Total Awards: 2
definitely shells, so much more badass, but i'd have them slide out the back like an artillary cannon. i wouldn't have any supports, just slightly longer/larger legs to it has a wider stance, and maybe mor machinery behind it could act as a counterweight to balance it out

Last edited by omegamista; 21-03-2009 at 01:00 AM..
omegamista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
vox360

Okay so i've changed my concept a lil, just a lil :P
thanks for all the comments guys im sticking with the massive gun one :P

Here are some more updates on current scene,

My Dominance entry
Old 25-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #9
vox360

My Dominance entry
Old 25-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #10
NeoGeo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I LULLED it's big and it's a gun you can't go wrong with that
NeoGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #11
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
maybe just thicken up the back legs, so when he fires, the back legs will be able to, or at least look like they can handle that exta weight that will be created. You might even want to play with the height of the back legs. I'm thinking shorter may make the gun look larger.

ohh, and, if you open the mouth, you could fill the mouth with bombs or whatever.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #12
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
Nice idea! I would add a tail, or something, because i think right now, it would fall forward on the first step Or maybe the ammo could be kept in the tails somehow, or at the rear end of the model, to keep balance.
Cordero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #13
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Nice progress man! I disappear for a little bit and you have a whole model done already! AND it looks awesome! I love the jaws - has a very Mouser-like quality, and anything that reminds me of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is definitely good!

Going along the lines of what Big Toe said though, the teeny little spider legs don't quite look supportive enough for such a big gun. Maybe some heavier feet/claws, which could dig into the ground when the guy would shoot, could look cool...

EDIT: Cordero's idea is cool too. Having an ammo storing tail would be neat

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #14
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
I like what you've got. Its looks pretty cool. I agree with the other guys tho, something needs to be done to balance the design. You've already got a very insect like look going now, so why not run with that?

Rotate the front legs forward some, shift the middle legs up just a bit, and give it a big old pair of heavier legs in the back, and I think you'd have a pretty cool lookin' insect artillery piece. Here's a quick thumbnail of what I mean...

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #15
spider2544

i like how the blast shields are almost like eyes for the character.

great start so far the over the top gigantic gun is always one of my favorite designs.