>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > The Game Art Challenge

Old 23-07-2009, 03:56 AM   #1
H2olt

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: George Lucas, 3rd place speed sculpting #14 Celebrity Caricature The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Runner Hybrid, 2nd place speed sculpting #17 Biomechanical Hybrid Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
H2olt Gender Bender Maria + Prince Peach

I'm gonna take a go at Mario and Princess peach. Here's a quick sketch of the rough idea. The costume design and the colors are subject to change, but this is the basic idea. Mario (maria) as the burly game hero, and Princess (Prince) peach as the simpering waifish dude in distress.
Attached Images

H2olt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 04:06 AM   #2
Buzzy
Quadcore

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: 'Bronze Age Barbarian' was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: DomWar4 work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Starlet thread was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge 
Total Awards: 11
Awesome concepts! Great transition to opposite genders. I love the tough "Rosie the Riveter" look. And sissy prince works great too.
Are you planning on doing both characters?
Buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 04:07 AM   #3
Edragon
I Like Chocolate Milk

Great concepts. I can sooo picture Prince Peach wailing his arms for help
Old 23-07-2009, 04:22 AM   #4
H2olt

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: George Lucas, 3rd place speed sculpting #14 Celebrity Caricature The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Runner Hybrid, 2nd place speed sculpting #17 Biomechanical Hybrid Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Buzzy - Yeah, I'm planning on doing the both of them. Neither one of the gender changes really does it alone, but with both of them together I think it's really funny. If i have the polys I might make a wrench and a parasol too.
Edragon - lol yeah, i have to work on a great 'flee' pose.
Old 23-07-2009, 04:30 AM   #5
Edragon
I Like Chocolate Milk

It'll be great to throw in Bowser in the loop, but it might be pushing it Can't wait to see the final result
Old 23-07-2009, 05:05 AM   #6
goast666
Toast

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I am disturbed by this image. I might cry myself to sleep tonight.
Old 23-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #7
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
yep! great!>go go!
Old 23-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
hahahah siiccccccccckkkkkkkk that is a true gender bender.
ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
dhin
Soy un Perdedor, baby

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland 
Oh now do Luigi!
dhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
guhhh

Send a message via MSN to guhhh
awsome conceptss!!! heheheh
Old 23-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #11
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Your concepts put a smile on my face, man It's so wrong, but you did it so right - great work man! Can't wait to see 'em in 3D!

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #12
H2olt

Awards Showcase
I'm working on some quick 3d base meshes at the moment, but i figure I should post up a slight update to the concepts. Mainly it's just some cleanup work and an actual direction for the shoes.
Attached Images

Old 24-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #13
ryvick
Lucid Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to ryvick
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Prince peach is just being all flamboyant like that. heheheh Awesome.
ryvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
ianchaos
Keep me from the rats.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art ''goofy gun'' 
Total Awards: 2
Brilliant concepts. Can't wait to see these take shape...even though your Maria is likely to make my Marioette look more like a distant cousin.
ianchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #15
H2olt

Awards Showcase
modeling update

Edragon & Dhin - I might try luigi and bowser too if this goes over well, but for the comp i think i'll stick with the duo
Goast - Sorry I'm disturbing you. Oh wait that's what i had in mind. peach says suck it. ( I always get way too attached to peach in the mario kart games, she has a mouth like a sailor.)
Vinsanity - thx i like to think i'm disturbing people

Everyone else thanks for the awesome encouragement.

Here's what i'm working on so far. Still need to give maria a bit rounder profile (modeling cartoony stuff is hard)

I'm still not sure if i want to texture them gritty like in the brawl games or more clean like in 64/galaxy. what you guys think?

I may slow down on this for a bit I'm getting started on the comicon comp too. look for me there soon. I think i'm gonna try to model Lobster Johnson from the hellboy series. Unless (like my wife is telling me) he's to obscure a character. I was also considering Atomic Robo, Taskmaster, and the main guy from Fear Agent. Anyone know who any of those characters are? *hope*
Attached Images

Tags
gender bender, mario, peach