>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > The Game Art Challenge

Old 31-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Exclamation #30 Final Entry -Gender Bender- Final Entry

Final Pictures:

Required In The Final Post (1 post per entry):

- 1 x Winning shot. This image should consist of your character depicted in its most awesome angle.

- 1 x Beauty shot of your character. Feel free to put multiple angles of your character or just one big version or your character on this page. Even better, try to composite a nice art piece similar to the ones in the Winners' Gallery. Be careful how you do this though, simple is often better. It’s up to you.

- 1 x wire frame shot of your character. Feel free to put multiple wire frame shots or just one big wire frame shot on this page. It is up to you. Must have polycount included.

- 1 x texture sheet that includes all your used sheets squeezed into "one" sheet.

- Concept Sheet (if you have one)

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day

Last edited by BiG ToE-3DT; 06-09-2009 at 11:12 PM..
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:24 AM   #2
SR_6274

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.60 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Guess I'm first. Here is my female Snake Eyes.

Good Luck to everybody.
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
VinsanityV20
Vinsane in the Membrane

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 3
Right behind ya, SR_6274! Hope you all enjoy the Princess of Persia here

Winning Shot:

Beauty Shot:

Construction Shot:

Texture Sheet:

Concept Sheet:

Awesome comp - glad I had the idea so long ago, and super glad I was here to actually compete in it! AND FINISH! Thanks to so many people for all the input and BS catching - forcing me to fix everything (well, most things) has made this without a doubt the most polished character I've ever done.

Note to self: July 23rd - Sept. 3rd 2009. That's how long I took to do this one, for whenever I get around to updating my website.

Current 3DTotal comps: none. Learning Character Rigging, Unity.
Comments & Critiques, always appreciated

Homepage: This is Vinsanity

Last edited by VinsanityV20; 04-09-2009 at 08:02 AM..
VinsanityV20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
silverflame

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: game art Weapon Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in smc 55 - On your marks Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in smc 52 - take a closer look Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #76 
Total Awards: 17
Fun competition hopefully its help improve my skills :S
Attached Images

Portfolio Website

Coroflot Profile
silverflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
Prince-G
Whats Good o' Whateva

Malestorm Final

I'm Finished (for real this time )! This was a good opportunity to see where I am and I'm satisfied w/ the result. Thank you for the comments and good luck to everyone else participating. I look forward to doing more competitions like this in the future to constantly improve my skills and learn with others.

p.s. The name I choose for the character was a play off the word Maelstrom. I tried to incorporate that in the winning pose but ended up going w/ a whirlwind instead.
Attached Images

Prince-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
H2olt

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: George Lucas, 3rd place speed sculpting #14 Celebrity Caricature The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Runner Hybrid, 2nd place speed sculpting #17 Biomechanical Hybrid Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
Well, can't really take the time to say much, my computer's crashing every couple minutes. Here's what I've got.
Attached Images

Last edited by H2olt; 05-09-2009 at 02:24 PM..
H2olt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
Untamed
Insane detail club

Send a message via MSN to Untamed
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Alright this is me done. Cheers to all who gave crit & comments GL to everyone

Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
Tank[NL]
New goal: Platinum spam

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 3
Here is my entry. Wanted to do a lot more to the texture. There are several areas I'm not happy with, but hayfever has struck and struck hard. Overall, I am pleased how she turned out. The contest was very informative and I've learned a lot from all of you. Cheers all .
Attached Images

Last edited by Tank[NL]; 06-09-2009 at 08:29 PM..
Tank[NL] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
Harbinger
3D Artist

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger
Okay, here my mine entry. I had good time work on this. I learned a lot of things. Overall, I like how it all came out. Thanks for those people who critique me. There maybe some partial nudity but, I don't you can see it.
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #10
Quintonius

Goddess of War (Katana) Final

Ok I'm finally done, hope u guys enjoy. I wanna thank all my fans lol (j/k) I appreciate everyone's help and comments and I really enjoyed participating in this challenge, Good luck to everyone.
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
roel
newbe

Send a message via AIM to roel
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Jane Rambo

1 hour to go... this is it. Hope you like it. 5246 tris, all 1024 sheets.
Attached Images

Last edited by roel; 06-09-2009 at 09:17 PM..
roel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #12
locky10

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 2
At last, I did it,
I want to thankfull to my room mates...for helping me
here are my final entry for Punisher Girl...

Best of luck to all....

Winning Pose

Beauty shot

WireFrame Shot

Texture Sheet

My CG Portfolio
locky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #13
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Winning:

Beauty:

Wires:

Texture:

Concept:

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
Old 06-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #14
Agent-X

Send a message via AIM to Agent-X Send a message via MSN to Agent-X Send a message via Yahoo to Agent-X
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 2

Last edited by Agent-X; 06-09-2009 at 10:56 PM..
Agent-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #15
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Times Up

Vote:

1st:
2nd:
3rd:

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life