>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Armageddon - Dec 2009 > Armageddon - Game Art "Army of One"

Old 03-12-2009, 04:59 AM   #1
D R E A M N T

Send a message via AIM to D R E A M N T
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
D R E A M N T - Army Of One - The Silent One

Hello everyone on 3d total.This is my first post and comp EVERRRR here so please welcome me in like your own.Um....i will have some concepts up by the end of of tonight.

Last edited by D R E A M N T; 19-12-2009 at 01:14 AM..
D R E A M N T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:44 AM   #2
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
you better bring it. After seeing your unerthly stuff, I expect great things from you.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
omid3098

welcome..
omid3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
ChaosDragonDZ
eager to learn

Send a message via AIM to ChaosDragonDZ
you better go in son.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
D R E A M N T

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
(Very sorry for any grammar errors)

First thing I want to say is thank you everyone for the warm welcome to the forum and I will try not to let you guys down.

So I got some of the concept done.I'm still very lost on what his weapon will be but I want it to be steam punkish.Very...self made and random.His name is KAiGA and he is sick of this wasteland the world has become.He has been traveling around collecting various pieces of machinery in an attempt to make himself more robotic.For if he could accomplish this even a little bit he would have a better chance of survival in this unforgiving enviornment.Hes already has pulled out the most used teeth in his mouth and replaced them with copper ones.

He is very survival orientated and will do anything and everything to live no matter what.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
Mr.fE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  
keep on rocking!
Mr.fE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
SnappedStrings
Criticism Fairy

Awards Showcase
Welcome biznatch.

It's oooooon.

P.S.

Miss you super chocolate bear

Portfolio
SnappedStrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #8
D R E A M N T

Awards Showcase
Ooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmggggggg!!!!!

Steevveeeennnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*fan girls for a little while*
Old 05-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
TerraBite
Master In Training

Awards Showcase
Want to see more!
TerraBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
D R E A M N T

Awards Showcase

Exploring more concepts for the eye part of my character because its a big piece of him.I don't know if i'm liking the original eye concept for him.It always makes sense when you draw it down but once you actually start thinking about how it would function and work it becomes a whole-nother monster.Also iv been re-thinking his weapon of choice.At first I was thinking of it being the remaining ammo of a M72 66mm Rocket Launcher.

But now im thinking maybe i'll throw and old school civil war grenade launcher in there.As if he salvaged it from an old historian museum or something.I don't know.Trying to give more of an effect of him being alone in a desolate world just finding random **** from his journeys.

If anything I'll just combine the two and make A SUPER WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION...not really but I will do some combining or customizing.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
ChaosDragonDZ
eager to learn

Send a message via AIM to ChaosDragonDZ
I like the goggles, and those old grenade launchers are seeeexxyyyyy. I think you should bring his brow and eyes down a little bit, and make the head a teeny bit more round from the front view.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #12
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Good start, keep it up. I also love the launchers...

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #13
D R E A M N T

Awards Showcase
@ Chaos - I definitely understand what you mean about making the head from the front a bit rounder.It is def too narrow for my taste.Just something to work on.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #14
D R E A M N T

Awards Showcase
So i finished my low poly head to re-project the high onto after I import and created the body.and all of the accessories.Time to start on the body.See you all in a bit.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #15
D R E A M N T

Awards Showcase
Hey guys.Been working on the base mesh to bring into the BIG Z and sculpt on.Don't worry that fro will NOT be part of him ghahahahahahah!I just thought I would hold it as a place holder or something to keep me laughing as I modeled this man.Been way too serious lately.

Question...Do you think he should have his hands showing or them in the sleeves as if the sleeves are SO baggy that they don't even show.

Gimme your opinions pleasee!