>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Coming of the Ice - Feb 2010 > 'The Coming of the Ice' - Speed Modelling

Old 14-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #31
thefmilyofblood
Threadjacker

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
Cool! Though i don't know if it would be able to push down on the ice enough to drill into it. Cartoon physics, maybe?

Fight in the Dominance war!
thefmilyofblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 04:04 AM   #32
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Send a message via Yahoo to hammering3D
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefmilyofblood View Post
Cool! Though i don't know if it would be able to push down on the ice enough to drill into it. Cartoon physics, maybe?
Like he is to short ? or the movement don't allow it ? or just because it's small so less power ?

What is Cartoon physics ?

Last edited by hammering3D; 15-02-2010 at 04:12 AM..
hammering3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 04:07 AM   #33
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
I finis it

I use all the time, except 5 min if I spot something wrong later on so 235 min till now.
Attached Images

Old 15-02-2010, 04:07 AM   #34
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Attached Images

Old 15-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #35
bgen
- Modonaut

Send a message via MSN to bgen
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 7
drive into a cave with this baby and u ain't drilling for long . solar power pfff oil all the way-----
serious: awsome modeling job hammering.
this model i like the most of em all in this competition so far. it really kick ass.
everytime i see it, i wanna have some like that in my backyard and drill for gold or oil
Old 15-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #36
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
hehe thank you bgen , I appreciate U like it.

I myself like tractors like that, when I saw them working at the roads or something. I rely like some day to drive one . but this little ones small bulldozer, excavators, drills etc, are so small and nice like toys for grown up persons.
Old 16-02-2010, 06:10 AM   #37
Tiberiy

not be surprised if I see this in a neighboring store for gardeners =) Nice vehicle!
Tiberiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #38
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
thank u

I would like to have an house with garden and plant flowers with the little tractor
Old 22-02-2010, 03:56 AM   #39
sarN

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #96 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place is SMC #36 
Total Awards: 9
that's some great modeling, i love how clean this one is
sarN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #40
rocneasta-3DT

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via MSN to rocneasta-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
this is the best job a man should seek without school so much power and the ability to change the WORLD
rocneasta-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #41
alfonzoaqui

Solar Flux

The rule of thumb for solar flux for a single day is 1000 watt-hours per square meter . That would either get you one watt of power for a 1000 hours, or 1000 watts for an hour. That would allow you to run ten 100 watt light bulbs for an hour.

But most solar panels don't run at 100% efficiency; most fall into the 10-17% efficiency range. That means for each square meter of solar panel you have, you are only going to get 100-170 watt-hours total each day. And if the panels get covered in ice or dust, the efficiency goes down more.

I found a small auger that you can run off of your car battery for dirt or ice: http://www.wikco.com/rhd.html

The specs for that auger is 12 volts with a 45 amp draw. Since watts are expressed as amps * voltage, that means that this little auger draws 12 * 45 = 540 watts per hour. So to run this auger for an hour would require 540 / 170 = 3.18 square meters of solar panels, and the panels would have to have been charging all day.

You're going to need a lot more panels to run that thing.
alfonzoaqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #42
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
sarN - thank U, I work usually so messy and I am glad when something of mine look clean
rocneasta - yeah clean work not dirty not hard cause the machine do the hard part.
alfonzoaqui - actually the solar panels are to much powerful for the little machine, U know those are special panels a technology given to earth by the Asgards from Stargate, they have like 10000000000000000000 watt-hours per square millimeter. And also they charge a naquadah generator that is inside the tractor, also the drill is made from naquadah, and the tractor can drill not only in ice but in subspace and parallel universe to. It look simple and classic just to fool the Goa'ulds that we did not evolve to much but in reality it is pretty evolve tractor, under it it have sub space engines and can transform itself in a small ship. I know that it have no windows on the side of the tractor but the cockpit is protected by force fields shields.

Last edited by hammering3D; 22-02-2010 at 10:27 PM..
Old 22-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #43
J.B.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: concept character thread, voodoo steam punk fighter was linked from the frontpage! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wining the first place on challenge # 90 Drunk. 
Total Awards: 8
touche )
love your work man, and the fact that is a SF thingy, if we want to be negative with all i'm sure we can find some stupid thing to say... hmmm that's not earthly enough )
(if you got my point ok, if you don't... nvm)

Cheers
Old 22-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #44
TNTxGRAVE

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 2
Very NICE comeback Hammering3D, my solar panels give off like 90000000000000000000 watt-hours per square millimeter.

Whats the next Number?

My Website
My ART Blog
TNTxGRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 11:00 PM   #45
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
yeah but yours is bigger it can be a mother ship that's why u used more power