>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Gift to the Gods > Gift to the Gods - March 2010 - unified challenge

Old 01-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Send a message via Yahoo to hammering3D
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
Gift to the Gods - Something went wrong ... - Hammering3D

So... I come from speed modeling part of challenges

I have no painting or drawing skills, don't like and don't have texturing skills nor sculpting skills, no mate painting skills, and almost never done an serious low poly model

But this is good opportunity to try, test, improve and learn the above things and that's why I will go with what I know best and trained myself lately.

Short Brief (I will update it in time)

- it will be some type of parody, funny, cute, ironic, etc theme, where something went wrong.
- what went wrong ? maybe the pray to the gods, maybe the building of altar, maybe the sacrifice ritual, maybe the building of the gift to the gods (I will come with an idea later on)
- it will be main part hi poly modeling, cartoon/toys models types and renders. - like in the links from my signature the textures/materials will be funny, colorful and joyful for shaders, textures and renders. (maybe it will be some texturing part for objects that look bad without texture, and who know photo integration etc.)
- I keep thinking at South Park, "A Ladder to Heaven" episode , maybe I will do some South Park idea

Go!

Last edited by hammering3D; 01-03-2010 at 06:23 PM..
hammering3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
Zlatovous
The Vousiest

Send a message via ICQ to Zlatovous Send a message via MSN to Zlatovous
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Hybrid'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.058 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge No.059 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For second place in speedmodeling ''Pimp my sleigh'' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! SMCs 69 - Wish you were here 
Total Awards: 7
Do that South Park idea! One of the funniest episode of SP I have ever seen ("Ladder to heaven? That's ******" - Mr. Garrison :-D)

Will be watching this thread, cos it will be definitely something different from what others are planning (ie epic, monumental scenes )
Old 01-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
maybe Kyle and Stan sacrifice Kenny to God so the God give Cartman cancer or boobs or something )
Old 08-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
I don't know yet if I go for south park or not, maybe I will model my own version of people south park like, but anyway I will train myself and do the guys

Respect my authority
Attached Images

Last edited by hammering3D; 08-03-2010 at 09:00 PM..
Old 08-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
Cool model, ur cartoon stuff is nice and neat
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #6
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
tnx man

Attached Images

Last edited by hammering3D; 08-03-2010 at 09:34 PM..
Old 09-03-2010, 08:01 AM   #7
DaddyDoom
has them big as mellons!

Send a message via MSN to DaddyDoom
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in BULL challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Second places in EXECUTIONER challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in Swimming Dinosaur challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge # 031 ''Is it safe? '' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd Place in The SMC's - #67 - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb gre 
Total Awards: 11
It has to be "authoritah": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIVHNylH1Mk
Old 09-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #8
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDoom View Post
hahah yes , did't know how to write it
Old 09-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #9
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
So cool, you really have a talent for 3D cartoon characters
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #10
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Lols...

How did you do the facial expression? Just painted?

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #11
andrewhall1234
Andrew Hall

It seems to me like you should defo go with this idea, seen as you alreay have a wicked cartman
Old 11-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
wargrafix
The alpha and the omega

I ROFLed seriously here.
________
SUZUKI LJ

Last edited by wargrafix; 04-05-2011 at 02:49 PM..
wargrafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #13
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
Thank U guys, i'm glad u like the idea. I don't know yet what I will do, but I will model the boys and the I will see. I am not good an making scenes, so I don't know if I will finish this to look decent but at leas I will have some nice object in my portfolio and maybe some fun for me and u

hulahuga - yes, the face is just an map. I wanted do model the head, but I think is hard to obtain many facial expression for it with modeling, with maps is more easy and
maybe funnyer.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #14
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Thanks .

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #15
hammering3D
I belong to nobody ...

Awards Showcase
And here is Stan

I re watch online some episodes of South Park today and on the main page it was an short clip, and reading the comments I found something so so funnyyyyyyy they make fun of a kid from youtube

In season 9 episode 11, South Park guys made fun of ginger kids call them they have no souls etc...
Here is the episode for who did't seen it:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103676/

Then some ginger kid post on you tube a movie complaining about SP episode and complain everybody make fun of him in school.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY39f...layer_embedded

An now South Park guys made an spoof to his youtube video , for promoting the new season 14 of South Park ).
So funny
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/267337/?page=3

Attached Images