>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Organic models/scenes'

Old 11-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #16
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordero View Post
its going to be totally awesome!
Heads looking good, and I like the helmet's design direction aswell.
Thanks I am trying to improve my designs as they have not been as solid as I would like in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulius-st View Post
cool helmet design ceep up the good work
Thanks, I will hopefully post up another WIP of the helmet as I am modeling it up now.
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #17
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Just a quick update from today, Crits welcome, going to do some mor work on the helmet tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #18
Sathe
Hardstyle

Send a message via MSN to Sathe
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #3 - Joint 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 6
I've done a 5 min scribble on the right side to try and sharpen his curves up a bit. technically your modeling is sweet, It's nice and clean although the helmet was feeling round and chubby and not very menacing although the curves in there already try and indicate thats what you where going for?
Hope it helps.
Nice work man, should be pretty badass animated

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hard Surface Essentials http://vimeo.com/10941211

Threedy 4 life
Sathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #19
ZenMan

Send a message via MSN to ZenMan
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work ''scarlet spiderman beeing ''was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Reminds me too much of the armour in final fantasy 7, the spirits within.

Go here, get more inspiraion it will help http://conceptrobots.blogspot.com/ also this blog http://conceptships.blogspot.com/

http://negativeiso.blogspot.de/

Working In Berlin at the Moment CG Artist/Fashion Photographer

" Be a fanatical follower of your dreams!"
ZenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #20
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathe View Post
I've done a 5 min scribble on the right side to try and sharpen his curves up a bit. technically your modeling is sweet, It's nice and clean although the helmet was feeling round and chubby and not very menacing although the curves in there already try and indicate thats what you where going for?
Hope it helps.
Nice work man, should be pretty badass animated
URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thanks for taking the time to do that Sathe, I see what you mean about mine not looking menacing. I really like that feature on the top right side of his helmet you sketched in. I will use this for sure, thanks very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMan View Post
Reminds me too much of the armour in final fantasy 7, the spirits within.

Go here, get more inspiraion it will help http://conceptrobots.blogspot.com/ also this blog http://conceptships.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the links, I'll a good look through them for ideas. I do like that film, but yeah i'll post up some different views rather than just a front on view when I get a bit further into it.
Old 14-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #21
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Here is just a fun VERY quick render, im am still making modeling changes and addition detail, this is just to keep the thread alive.
Attached Images

Old 14-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #22
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Hey man good going! Helmet looks a lot like the N7 helmet in Mass effect 2. A bt of a mix between that and the recon helmet (same game).

Adding more sharp angles and repeated shapes like the side details there can really help liven up a model, so do try that!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #23
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
pretty cool I think! Gonna be a great animation.
Old 15-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #24
OcheevaSithis
Anil Ayaz

Send a message via MSN to OcheevaSithis
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
fantastic helmet design , i loved it!
OcheevaSithis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #25
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahuga View Post
Hey man good going! Helmet looks a lot like the N7 helmet in Mass effect 2. A bt of a mix between that and the recon helmet (same game).

Adding more sharp angles and repeated shapes like the side details there can really help liven up a model, so do try that!
Thats cool, Ive never played Mass effect but it looks good. I googled the helmet and came up with some interesting designs.

Yeah I sure will I'll post the helmet up again once ive made all the changes, Im very busy this weekend so I wont be able to do any on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordero View Post
pretty cool I think! Gonna be a great animation.
Thanks really looking forward to getting stuck into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcheevaSithis View Post
fantastic helmet design , i loved it!
Thanks I hope my designs are getting better with each one I do.
Old 20-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #26
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
I'll be waiting for da final kick's ass animation Tarik2d, I bet and I hope I won't be disapointed. Keep up da good work man!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #27
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Thanks ive design his armour for this full body and designing the other character. I am hopefulling planning to model a bit more of his armour today and start the anatomy of the first bad guy.
Old 21-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #28
J.B.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: concept character thread, voodoo steam punk fighter was linked from the frontpage! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: wining the first place on challenge # 90 Drunk. Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges 
We demand updates!!
Old 21-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #29
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Thanks, updates are coming soon

Last edited by Tarik2d; 21-12-2010 at 07:57 PM..
Old 29-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #30
Korgoth

Those shaders on the helmet are looking really nice. What are you rendering with?
Korgoth is offline   Reply With Quote