>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V

Old 17-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
Dominance War V - 3D - God of vengeance - redonix76

Kridan, God of vengeance has existed for thousands of years. The exiled brother to the God of War. Unlike the God of War, he is pure evil, full of hatred and malice against his own family and the other Gods. Looked down upon as a weakling by others, he remained hidden and silence while waiting for the right moment to take his revenge on ones who forsakened him

His power lies with each and every human beings in the entire world. the more hate and malice people have in their hearts, the more powerful he gets. He's been slowly accumulating power for a very long time and is finally ready to take his rightful place as the king of all Gods. Kridan has been unleashed!

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 01:21 AM   #2
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Here is an update with a concept. Not sure between human body or Centaur. I know, it's not that creative but I'm just throwing stuff out there.
Attached Images

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
Old 18-03-2011, 02:29 AM   #3
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
"Not very creative" can sometimes be redeemed by marvelous technical execution. Personally, I don't see an issue with a centaur design, there's gonna tones of bipeds, nothing wrong with a quadruped hybrid. I think it needs some polish yet, you've got some nice stuff going on with the armor design. The tails looking really out of place tho.

If you're still concerned about originality, knock out some other ideas, if nothing else really grabs you, come back to this and just make sure you really polish the design and model/textures. After all, unless you're going for a concept position, a really polished generic piece will better serve you than something that's completely original with a lot of rough edges.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 02:42 AM   #4
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Hey Warlock, thanks for the crit bro. Yeah I'm a 3D artist, not a concept artist...I can do a little concepts but nothing that great. I normally do better just messing around in Maya or Zbrush.

Now that I look at it more...the tail does look out of place I do want to make it like a Centuar but different from a regular horse for sure. I'll update it and see where it goes.

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
Old 19-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Send a message via MSN to tsabszy
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
keep us updated, good luck!
tsabszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #6
SnappedStrings
Criticism Fairy

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Hey, redonix, looks like you're off to a great start. Solid story and base design. I agree with Warlock about the originality of it.

I had wanted to do a centaur design as well, but I didn't feel it fit with my character. I was thinking that a good exploration to do would be to find different animal bodies for him. Perhaps a horse body isn't the best way to go? Maybe you'll find that he works best with big elephant legs instead. Who knows, experiment!

I don't know how you are with modeling machine bits (I personally suck), but another interesting approach might be to incorporate machine parts into his design. I think this would really boost the originality, atleast.

Digging the proportions of the character, I'm a sucker for big hands/forearms.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Portfolio
SnappedStrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #7
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
tsabszy: I sure will!!

SnappedStrings: thanks fort he suggestions man, I'm definitely looking into design changes right now. I think when it comes down to it, I need to figure out what I can do in the amount of time that I have. A quadruped would be ideal but will add more time to model and texture overall. I may stick with a regular bipedal design but with a reverse knee...yeah not that original either!

I"ll post an update later today for sure.

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
Old 19-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #8
Darchand

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: The Circus 
Total Awards: 4
Originality can be a tricky thing to tackle when so much has been done before. I am digging the centaur like concept and I kinda like the tail on it to. Add some armor to that tail and it might look even more awesome. There are also a lot of body types out there and if this is a vengeance god you might be able to incorporate a type of insect body such as scorpion or praying mantis.
Old 20-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #9
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Darchand - Thanks for the suggestions man...the scorpion thing...you may have something there!!

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
Old 20-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #10
GregStrangis

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! 
Total Awards: 1
Good start here! I don't see the problem doing a centaur type character either, maybe try pushing the proportions of it real far to deviate it abit.A multi limbed demon would be wicked as well! Like the Zerg Queen from Starcraft
GregStrangis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 05:09 AM   #11
miclepickle

Send a message via AIM to miclepickle
very nice, normally when I see a centaur character they really do look uncreative but this guy looks super mean and awesome!

cant wait to see some 3d

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
miclepickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 05:10 AM   #12
miclepickle

Send a message via AIM to miclepickle
oh... looks like the proportions of the horse anatomy are off... looks like the body is a little long? or maybe too skinny?

Portfolio-
MCampbell3d.blogspot.com
miclepickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #13
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by miclepickle View Post
oh... looks like the proportions of the horse anatomy are off... looks like the body is a little long? or maybe too skinny?
Hey man thanks, I totally agree, I'll fix his human body and make it shorter and more proportionate to the horse's body. Also I'm making him ever bigger and more menacing. I'll post it first thing tomorrow.

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
Old 20-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #14
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Interesting start work and attitude, centaur idea could be good. Keep it up!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #15
Cordero

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For contributions to 3DTotal and the 3DTotal forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 6
hey! concept looks cool so far!

Centaur thing is cool, but u could check out how it looks it with a lowered back part, and more muscular front legs. Kinda mix up the traditional idea. (its a bit more unbalanced = not natural = demonic)

It looks cool right now, I'm just saying its worth a look, maybe it will work!