>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > Final Completed CG Artwork

Old 07-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
SgtHK
Vertex Violator

Send a message via MSN to SgtHK Send a message via Yahoo to SgtHK
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
Master Chief

Some several months ago I started out my model of a female Master Chief. I built it almost up to the point of completion. Unfortunately I cancelled it due to design and technical issues which would have cost me too much time to fix.

So I decided to remake the model in the image of the original Master Chief, though some differences are noticable (obviously the brown armor). So here he is:

Pre-final iteration:

Pre-textured poses:

Wires:

Made in 3ds Max, Mudbox, Topogun, and Unfold 3d.
Attached Images

Last edited by SgtHK; 07-12-2011 at 05:40 PM..
SgtHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
Bump map is a bit too strong at least on the helmet (sides) but other than that, great model!
Did you have fun unwrapping all these pieces?

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
SgtHK
Vertex Violator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFly View Post
Bump map is a bit too strong at least on the helmet (sides) but other than that, great model!
Yep. That's why it's called the "pre-final iteration"

Quote:
Did you have fun unwrapping all these pieces?
It was pretty easy with Unfold3d, to be honest. Could have taken more time if I used the built-in Unwrap modifier.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
ipranawake
Compositor, Sri Lanaka.

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Great work man ... keep it up .... Hope you will refine the mapping issues later ......

The "Terran Marine" ... in your portfolio looks terrific man ... I wish i can model like that ....
ipranawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I Got the second place on Speed Challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Fantasctic work mate! I have a question, Are the soft areas (the black ones) all normals? I see in the wire renders a simple mesh and the complex shapes appear to be all projected, but in the final render the shapes look like they are actually there!
Vitrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
lovingsaskia

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
Lovely work, you said you had to cancel the female version due to technical and design issues, what were they if you don't mind me asking.
lovingsaskia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #7
SgtHK
Vertex Violator

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitrux View Post
Fantasctic work mate! I have a question, Are the soft areas (the black ones) all normals? I see in the wire renders a simple mesh and the complex shapes appear to be all projected, but in the final render the shapes look like they are actually there!
Thanks! The black areas use a displacement map, just like how creature-modelers create and sculpt a high-poly creature then baking the displacement values into a texture map. I needed the black areas to have a low-poly base mesh so they can be skinned and animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingsaskia View Post
Lovely work, you said you had to cancel the female version due to technical and design issues, what were they if you don't mind me asking.
It was all simple reasons. She looked fine in a calm standing pose. But when I tried to make her do an action pose, the hip region suffered because of incorrect topology; she looked terrible. I decided making a new model would be better than fixing her up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipranawake View Post
Great work man ... keep it up .... Hope you will refine the mapping issues later ......

The "Terran Marine" ... in your portfolio looks terrific man ... I wish i can model like that ....
Thanks. With practice and patience I think you will someday
Old 12-12-2011, 06:07 AM   #8
aamirart
aamirart

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 7
great work
aamirart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
halo master chief